Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rava idli

Rava idli is one of the simple recipe,which is very healthy and takes less time to cook.When I tried istant rava idli mix long back,I was not much satisfied with the outcome.So I thought to give a try at home.Since the batter requires no fermentation,this recipe is a quick-fix. When I tried this recipe first time at home during my in-laws visit,my mother in law and father in law loved this instant rava idli recipe.Even she took recipe from me.Felt very happy.My kids and husband loved to the core.Here goes my recipe




Ingredients:
  • Rava 1 cup
  • curd 1 3/4 cup( 1 cup plus 3/4 cup,preferably home made curd)
  • Eno fruit salt 1 tspn
  • salt 1 tspn
  • oil to grease idli molds
To Garnish:
  • Chopped coriander leaves
  • Fried cashew nuts 5 to 10
Tempering:
  • oil  1 tbspn
  • mustard seeds 1/4 tspn
  • urad dal 1/2 tspn
  • chana dal 1 tspn
  • curry leaves 1 spring
  • green chilli 2
Procedure:
  • Heat a pan,dry roast rava for 5 to 10 mins in medium flame or until you get nice aroma ,allow it to cool down.
  • In another bowl,whisk curd and salt.After the rava becomes cold,mix the rava with curd mixture and keep aside for 10 mins.
  • Now prepare the tadka meanwhile,heat oil in pan,add mustard seeds when it just pops add urad dal,chana dal,curry leaves.Saute for 1 more min,then add chopped green chille.
  • Pour this temper to the rava curd mixture,mix them well,add chopped,cashew nuts, coriander leaves.( keep few cashews for garnish)
  • Add eno salt just before when we ready to make idlis.
  • Mix the batter with eno salt and wait for few ( 2 mins)mins until the batter becomes frothy.
  • Fry cashew nuts in a pan with 1 tbspn of ghee and keep aside.
  • Grease idli molds with oil,place  1 or 2 cashew nuts in each mold and fill each mold with batter.
  • Steam cook around 12 to  15 mins .After 15 mins check when they are done.Now switch of the flame and wait for few mins to remove idlie s from plates.
  • Enjoy with any chutney of your choice.Usually I prefer with coconut chutney.




2 comments:

  1. I love rava idli more than rice idli. Rava is my favourite food. Now buy rava is very easy. We can cook idli very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditionally, south India was known for using cold pressed oil. Bullocks were led around the 'chekku oil', turning the wooden crusher to extract oil.

    ReplyDelete