Beetroot rice or beetroot pulav is a very healthy and easy recipe.Beetroot also known simply as the beet,has been gaining in popularity as a new super food due to recent studies claiming that beets juice can improve athletic performance,lower blood pressure and increase blood flow.Beetroot is a rich source of folate and manganese and also contains thiamine,riboflavin,vitamin B-6,Magnesium,phosphorus,potassium,zinc,copper and sodium.My daughter love to have colorful food so thought this will be good for her.Very easy to prepare with few ingredients.I'm posting this recipe in BM#52 under the theme weekend special dinners.
- Beetroot chopped 1 cup
- Basmathi rice 2 cups
- Vegetables( I use carrot , cauliflower and beans too) 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium size chopped
- Green chilli 2 ( sliced vertically)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tspns
- whole garam masala( clove,cinnamon,cardamom each 2,bayleaf 1)
- oil 1 tbspn( preferebly ghee)
- Soak basmati rice in water at least 1 hr.
- Heat 1 tbspn of oil or ghee in a pan add whole garam masala,followed by chopped onions and sliced green chilli.
- When onions are little brown add ginger garlic paste fry well until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add chopped beetroot followed by chopped vegetables.Fry few mins( around 5 to 8),then add drained rice and mix it well.Add 4 cups of water and enough salt.
- Shift this mixture to the rice cooker and cook until it is done.Yummy beetroot rice is ready.Enjoy just like that or can have it with curd.
Check out for fellow marathoners in BM#52