Cookie is a small flat baked treat usually contain sugar,flour,eggs ,butter.In most countries these are called biscuits.In my childhood days I Still remember eating these yummy biscuits. They are super soft melt in mouth.Biscuits or cookies are not much favorite to our kids.As they do not like sugary food.When I baked these cookies they just cant't stop asking me more..and keep running to my kitchen.Yeah they liked it much and very easy to prepare.Even my husband who is not favorite to cakes and cookies, tasted it.Yes he liked it.I can say very easy recipe with just 4 ingredients and less effort in the kitchen.Sure this will be one of the hit recipe in my blog.I'm posting this recipe in BM#53 under the theme Kids delight snacking all the way.Here goes my recipe.
- Maida or all purpose flour 2/3 cup( mine is 160 ml cup)
- Corn starch 1cup
- 1/3 cup sugar(powdered sugar)
- 1 stick butter( around 8 tbspns)
- Take a bowl mix butter and sugar until fluffy.It should be mixed perfectly soft and fluffy
- In another bowl mix maida and corn starch.Add this mixture to the butter slowly and make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.Roll each part into thin logs.Cut these logs into small pieces shown in pic.
- Then roll each piece into small balls and slightly press in between your palms.You may press fork on top to get small design like mine.
- Preheat oven to 325F and bake around 15 mins.Mine done around 14 mins.
- Transfer these cookies slowly with spoon to another plate.( you should transfer them when they are little warm ,in this way they stay soft)
- Enjoy after they completely cool down.
Check out for fellow marathoners in BM#53
Sending these to Srivalli's Anniversary mela