Methi chicken is a delicious combo almost liked by every non vegetarian. When. I first tried in one of my friend's home,thought how do I missed this combo?Though it is little lengthy process but worth to cook.It is awesome in taste..Addition of Methi leaves gives unique flavor to the chicken. Methi or fenugreek leaves being a very healthy combined with chicken adds very good taste to the curry.I adapted this recipe from Here, done few changes as per our taste buds. I'm posting all methi dishes in this week in blogging marathon50.Here goes my recipe..
- Chicken 2 lbs( nearly 1 kg)
- 1 cup Methi leaves
- 1 tomato blend it into puree
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbspn of ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 Tspn of turmeric
- 1tspn of red chilli powder
- 1 Tspn of Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tspn of Cumin powder
- 8 cashew nuts soak in water and blend into puree.
- Garam masala(cinnamon, cloves, cardamom( elaichi) each 2 ) blend all this into fine powder.
- 3 tbspn of oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbspn of oil and fry onions until little brown,add green chilli,fry one more min.
- Blend sauteed onions with yogurt into fine paste.Keep aside
- Heat 2 tbspn of oil and fry methi leaves till the raw smell goes off.It will take around 10 to 12 mins.Keep aside.
- In the same vessel ,add ginger garlic paste saute few mins and add turmeric powder coriander powder,red chilli powder,cumin powder.
- Blend tomatoes separately into puree,add tomato puree to the pan and cook well until the raw smell goes off.
- Add onion and yogurt paste cook for 3 to 4 mins.Now add chicken pieces and combine well.Cook chicken until it is almost done.( before adding chicken to the masla paste I Saute chicken for 5 to 8 mins in a pan with 1 or 2 tbspn of oil)
- Now add cashew nut paste,garam masala powder,and sauteed methi leaves and combine well.Add 1/2 cup of water or very less and cook few more mins till you get nice gravy consistency.
- Switch of the stove and enjoy with hot rice or roti.