Lachha paratha is whole wheat layered crispy flat bread. It can be served with any gravy.This layered paratha with wheat flour is very tasty.We eat chapathi daily in our dinner.So, just for a change I made this lacha paratha .It came out very well,kids too enjoyed layers in the paratha.This week I'm posting Laccha paratha in BM#49 under the theme Indian breads.Here goes my recipe.
1 cup wheat flour
1 tspn of oil
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 cup lukewarm water to knead the dough
1/4 cup aata or wheat flour to roll
2 tbspn oil for cooking
- Mix the flour,salt oil,and add water slowly to make into smooth dough.Knead the dough on a greased surface.cover it for half an hour.
- Now before rolling the paratha knead the dough again and divide into 3 equal parts.
- Take one portion of the dough and press lightly .Roll the dough into very thin discs or as thin as you can.( around 8 to 9 inch diameter)
- Sprinkle flour on the top if the dough sticks to the pin.
- Now Spread the oil over rolled paratha about 1/2 teaspoon with your fingers.
- Sprinkle around 2 tspn of flour over oiled paratha and spread evenly over rolled surface.
- Now start making small pleat like folds,about 1/2 inch wide,starting from one side of the circle and working towards the other side.
- More pleats you make the more layers the paratha will have.Lastly we end up with a long,narrow strip
- Slowly form the pleated paratha into pin wheel,pressing both sides lightly in dryflour.
- Now roll the pinwheel into a circle.If the dough sticks to the pin,sprinkle some wheat flour on both sides and roll.
- Heat a pan over medium flame.Place the paratha on the pan fry well on both sides until changes color.Follow the same procedure for the remaining parathas.
- Yummy laccha paratha is ready,have it with any gravy curry of your choice.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#49