Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferousfamily of vegetables.this is one vegetable that deserves a regular rotation in your diet,however,as it contains an impressive array of nutrients,including vitamins,minerals,antioxidants and other phytochemicals.when it is combined with any vegetable will add a Great taste to the recipe.potato or aloo is everyone's favorite vegetable in our family too.when cauliflower combined with potato adds great taste to the fry.Even cauliflower liked by our kids,so I often try this combo.This week I'm posting different cauliflower recipes in blogging marathon#49.Here goes my way of doing simple Aaloo Gobi fry.
- Potatoes 3 to 4( chopped)
- Cauliflower 1/2( chopped)
- Onion 1 ( chopped)
- Green chilli 2
- Ginger&agaric crushed 2 Tspn
- Mustard seeds1/4 Tspn
- Jeera 1/2 Tspn
- Chilli powder1 Tspn
- Turmeric powder 1 Tspn
- salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbspn of oil in a pan. Add mustard and Jeera ,when it starts spluttering add chopped onions and green chili.
- Add crushed ginger&garlic after few mins,fry few mins then add potato and cauliflower pieces and fry well in medium to high flame few mins.
- Reduce the flame to medium and start frying until potatoes are soft.
- Optionally we can cover with a lid for few mins if we feel the pieces are not soft.
- Now add turmeric powder,salt,chilli powder and fry in medium to high flame for few mins.
- Switch of the Flame when potato and cauliflower almost cooked and browned little bit.( I prefer frying until it is little browned)
- Enjoy Aaloo gobi with rice or roti.