Ragada pattice a favorite chat recipe all over India.This is a very famous road side chaat in Mumbai.This dish is a complete meal itself,very easy to prepare if we plan before one day.Ragada pattie is nutritious dish that is very simple to make and garnished with chopped onions and chutney on top.One cannot stop eating if they start this yuumy chaat recipe.I'm posting this recipe in BM#48 under the theme different chat recipes..
Ingredients for both Ragada and pattie
Bread crumb 1 cup
White dried peas 1 cup( soaked over night)
coriander chopped green chilli chopped
Red chilli powder 1 tspn
one big onion chopped
ginger garlic paste
Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
Fennel seed powder 1/4 tspn
Mint chutney 2 tbspn
Oil 3 tbspn
Sweet chutney 2 tbspn
Garam masala powder 1 tspn
Sev 1 tbspn
Chat masala 2 tspns
1 cup coriander leaves
1cup pudina leaves
1/2 chopped onion
green chilli 2
jeera powder 1 tspn
lemon juice 1 tspn
Ginger small piece
Mix all ingredients and grind into fine paste.
Tamarind paste 2 tbspns
Jaggery 2 tbspns
Red chilli powder
chat masala 3/4 tspn
salt to taste.
Boil tamarind and jaggery in a bowl until jaggery melts.Then slowly add cumin powder,chat masala powder salt.
- Pressure cook dried white peas in a cooker for one or 2 whistles until they are soft.Drain the water from it and keep aside.
- Take a bowl,add boiled potatoes mash it add chilli powder,salt,chopped green chilli,chopped coriander ,cumin powder, bread crumbs,mix it well and make them into patties.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions,green chilli,gingergarlic paste,turmeric and salt,cook till the raw smell is gone.,add chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,fennel seed powder.
- Now add cooked dried peas to the pan,fry well then add little water( 1 cup) cook for 10 mins and switch off the stove.
- Heat oil ( 1 to 2 tspn) in a pan.Slowly arrange the patties and fry both sides until golden brown.
- Transfer these patties on serving bowl and pour ragada mixture on top of it.Add chopped onions,jeera powder,chat masal,redchilli powder,sweet chutney and green chutney as per out taste.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#48