kulfi a popular Indian dessert usually made with condensed milk,flavored with cardamom and topped with pistachios,almonds.This dessert which is similar to ice cream but is much denser and creamier.Now coming to today's recipe" Kulfi falooda "is a rich creamy kulfi topped with falooda and rose syrup is a dessert which finds a place at every Indian buffet counter.Falooda sev are vermicelli made from corn starch.Basic falooda can be made with sabja seeds or basil seeds, rose syrup,falooda sev and chilled milk.Falooda is popular all over India specially in Delhi and Mumbai.I Prepared this recipe on my husband's birthday last week..This is going to be my 100 recipe in my blog.I am posting this recipe in BM#47 under the theme' Indian desserts'.Celebrating one year of blogging with this yummy dessert.
- Milk 1 liter(whole milk)
- Heavy cream 1/2 cup( you can substitute with milk powder 4 tbspns)
- sugar 1/2 cup
- saffron few strands
- Almonds 1 to 2 tbspns(chopped)
- pistachio 1 to 2 tbspns(chopped)
- Cardamom 4 to 5(crushed)
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan and boil the milk on medium to high flame until it starts rising.Once it rises,reduce the flame to medium and add heavy cream.( As I don't have heavy cream at home I substitute milk powder.)
- Start stirring continuously, until it thickens to avoid burning in the bottom and let it boil around 15 to 20 mins
- Add saffron strands to the boiling milk( I soak around 5 mins in hot milk)
- Now add sugar , few chopped pistachio,chopped almonds stir and cook for 5 more mins.
- Add cardamom powder and switch off the stove.Let it cool completely.
- Take the kulfi moulds, slowly fill the kulfi moulds and freeze around 5 to 6 hrs or overnight.We can insert bamboo sticks after 2 hrs if we want.
- Take out kulfi moulds and enjoy after 5 to 6 hrs
I use my icecube tray for kulfi as I dont have kulfi moulds
Here a small glass as a kulfi mould
For one glass serving
- Rose syrup 2 tspns
- crushed pistachio 1tbspn
- Milk 2 tbspns
- Basil seeds 1 tbspns( Soaked in water for 30 mins)
- Falooda sev 2 tspns( I use store bought sev or you can substitite with thin vermicelli, have to cook in hot boiling water for 2 mins and drain it)
- Take one glass to serve,put falooda sev, milk,basil seeds.
- Add 2 scoops of kulfi,2 tspns of rose syrup and garnish with chopped pistachio.
- Enjoy yummy kulfi falooda.
Checkout for fellow bloggers in BM#47