Gingerbread is a sweet food that is flavored with ginger and typically using molasses rather than just sugar.Addition of cinnamon,cloves,ginger gives a very good spice flavour to the cake.It comes out very soft and spicy.One of the traditional Christmas cake recipe I adapated from allrecipes.com,only a change I substitute Molasses with maple syrup.When I first saw the ingredients,really felt how was the taste will be but,absolutely delicious with nice spice flavors which suits in this cold winter,I can say a perfect Christmas treat for whole family.I'm posting this recipe in BM#47 under the theme kids delight (holiday special recipes) here goes my recipe.
Christmas tree at home
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup Molasses( I substitute 1 cup maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- 1/2 tspn of salt.
- 1 cup of hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F.Grease baking tray with butter or oil
- In a large bowl cream together butter sugar.Beat in the egg for 2 to 3 mins then add maple syrup.
- In a bowl,sift together the flour,baking soda,salt,cinnamon,ginger and cloves.Slowly add this mixture to the cream,stir it in the hot water
- Now pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake around 50 mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean.After 1 hr when it cools down completely, cut into small cubes and enjoy the yummy cake with whipped cream on top or just like that.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#47