kudumu Boorelu or pesara boorelu is a traditional sweet prepared commonly during festival seasons in south India.Moondg dal and grated coconut stuffing gives very good taste to Boorelu.This recipe is my favorite one.During my childhood days Amma used to cook on festivals and our family's most liked traditional sweet recipe.
- Rice 1 cup
- Urad dal 1/2 cup
- Moong dal 1 cup
- sugar 1 cup
- Elachi or cardamom powder 1 tspn
- Fresh or frozen grated coconut 1 cup
- Cashews chopped ( small pieces)1/4 cup
- Salt a pinch
- oil for deep fry.
- Soak rice and urad dal in water over night and drain the water from urad dal and rice and grind into smooth paste with very little water.It should be like thick paste,add salt and keep aside
- Soak moong dal in water atleast 2 hrs.After drain the water and grind into coarse paste by adding little water.( don't blend too soft)
- Now pour 1or 2 tbspn of moong dal batter in idli moulds and steam cook around 10 to 15 mins.Then allow it to cool.Then chop it and put it in a blender blend it coarsely.
- In another pan fry grated coconut with just 1 tspn of ghee,fry well until it releases nice aroma.(around 5 to 10 mins)Keep aside.In the same pan fry chopped cashews well.
- Take moong dal mixture in a bowel add sugar,cardamom powder,roasted cashews,roasted grated coconut.Take a lemon size ball in your palm and make into round balls.
- Now dip each moong dal ball in the urad dal batter and coat it evenly,drop them slowely in oil.Deep fry until golden brown(medium heat.