Chicken fry or kodi vepudu is a famous Andhra dish.This dish is all of our favorite . We can prepare this dish with Natu kodi or country chicken which adds more taste to the fry.This dish is very delicious and flavorful a, easy recipe.Here goes yummy recipe ,enjoy with hot steamed rice.
- Chicken 2 lbs
- Onions 2 large
- Green chili 3
- coriander leaves to garnish.
- Chili powder 2 tspn
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
- Ginger garlic paste 3 tpn
- Daniya powder 1 tspn
- Oil 3 tbspn
- salt to taste
Marination: Marinate chicken with chili powder,turmeric powder,salt,ginger garlic paste,daniya powder and oil just 1 tspn.Mix well and keep aside for atleast 30 mins
(Grind one onion into fine paste and keep aside.Chop remaining onions and green chili and keep aside.)
For dry masala
- Cinnamon 2 small stcicks
- cloves 4 to 5
- Gasagas(poppy seeds) 1/2 tspn
- Cardamom 4
- Black pepper whole 1 tspn
- (Grind all these into fine powder)
- Heat oil in a pan,when the oil is hot add chopped onions and green chili,when onion turns brown add onion paste,ginger garlic paste 2 tspn.Fry well until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add marinated chicken to the above paste,mix well.Cover with a lid and wait for 20 mins( in medium flame)After 20 mins we can see water coming out from the chicken.
- Check out how soft the chicken,still if it needs to cook continue 5 more mins with lid on.
- Remove the lid now and fry well until the chicken is dry.Now add dry spice powder and mix well 5 more mins,add fried onions for extra taste and garnish with coriander leaves.