Chicken soup is a soup made from chicken,simmered with various other ingredients.The classic chicken soup consists of clear broth,often with pieces of chicken or vegetables.Chicken soup can be made quick and easy.Best chicken soup can be prepared only with freshly cut organic chicken.A bowl of this hot chicken soup gives me strength to execute my elaborate meal.I added a bit of Indian flavor to the soup,with some spices.
- Chicken 1 lb(with bones)
- Chicken broth 14oz (small can)
- Finely chopped celery,green onions,green pepper ,onions1 cup
- Turmeric 1/2 Tspn
- Ginger garlic paste1 Tspn
- Jeera powder 1/2 Tspn
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 to 2 tbspns
- Water 1 cup
For dry masala powder::
- Pepper 1 Tspn
- Lavang 3 - 4
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cardamom 2 -3
- Curry leaves
- Jeera 1 tspn
- For dry masala powder put all above mentioned ingredients in a blender and make into fine powder.
- Wash chicken with 1/2 Tspn of turmeric powder and 1/2 Tspn of mustard oil to get rid of the raw chicken smell.
- Marinate chicken with chilli powder,turmeric powder ,salt and one Tspn of mustard oil.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped clelery,green pepper,green onions,onions.
- Fry well then add ginger garlic paste sauté few mins,then add jeera powder,dry masala powder.
- Now add marinated chicken and mix well in the masala.
- It's time to add chicken broth to the chicken and one cup of water.
- Sauté few mins,then close the lid of the pressure cooker,wait for 10 whistles.(country chicken will take lot more time to cook well)
- Sprinkle some spring onions on top of it.Yummy chicken soup is ready.
check to see what my fellow bloggers are doing BM 38